Tuesday, January 4, 2011

$BBBY and $SBUX ; Betting Resistance Would Hold. $study


  
-I had it that the level 50.10 was resistance for BBBY. This level emanated from the earnings report (23rd December) and the behavior on that day and the following days (http://jpotrading.blogspot.com/2010/12/importance-of-opening-level-in-gaps-ccl.html).


-So as shown in the chart I shorted at around that level with a stop at 50.55 that was almost taken out. Fortunately it was not and the trade was profitable. 
 
 



-With SBUX I again bet that a resistance level would hold. The level was (is) 33.15 from the charts. The position is at break-even and I held it overnight.


-Thoughts: By the time it reached my resistance level it was up close to 4% with no news, so that made me comfortable. Today must be careful since with a strong market it looks poised to break that 33.15 level convincingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment