Tuesday, January 4, 2011

$RL Work needed on your exit points. $study





- Yesterday went short given a downgrade in $TIF and $COH ( http://www.marketwatch.com/story/coach-tiffany-others-cut-at-jefferies-2011-01-03?siteid=yhoof2 ) and how these two were behaving; I thought $RL was bound to follow. Ended the day at break-even and almost covered.

-This morning Citigroup upgraded the stock and I thought would short it if up about 2% since that was my guess as to the max. the upgrade was worth. I wrote on my journal "naive averaging? bad risk management?" Well, thankfully I did not listen to my doubts.

-Thoughts : again like in the previous post (http://jpotrading.blogspot.com/2011/01/sbux-good-trade-should-have-been-better.html) a lot of money was left on the table. Again a simple trailing stop would have made it a much more profitable trade. Must work on this. Particularly since COH and TIF were cratering and this was your basic premise to enter the trade in the first place.






No comments:

Post a Comment